It is very easy to get started, and quite easy to use.
But, one thing was eluding me - how to use images in the wiki. I know - the help page has some examples, but as with all these things, the devil is in the details.
- the image needs to be an external link
- as such it needs to be hosted, and available
- a "makes sense" approach is to store images in the wiki directory itself
- and then simply point to the image with a link like this:
Naturally, using Eclipse, it was pretty straight forward to put some images in this directory. The approach I took was:
- create a separate Eclipse project - mine was called ApselWiki
- share this as a Team project (using subversion), and use the wiki as the URL
Note, that the wiki directory is outside the /trunk directory. That is, it's in the root of your project.
- You can then simple paste new images into the Eclipse project - and also edit your wiki pages if you really like.
- Then simply perform a "Team -> Synchronize"